Victorian residents living inside the border bubble can still only cross into NSW for five essential reasons, despite the end of lockdown in regional Victoria.
COVID Commander Jerone Weimar confirmed late yesterday the end of lockdown did not mean free travel across the border.
"Obviously for all Victorians in cross border bubble they get benefit of regional Victorian easing that will be the most significant change to what it means for for them," he said.
The current reasons to cross the border according to the Victorian Government are:
- shopping for necessary goods and services
- caregiving or compassionate reasons, including medical care or to get a COVID-19 test
- authorised work or permitted education (including childcare and early childhood services)
- to get a COVID-19 vaccination
- visiting an intimate partner
The lockdown in regional Victoria is due to end at 11.59pm tonight.
IN OTHER NEWS:
- What 'Reopening NSW' means: the rules explained
- Which parts of NSW are still in lockdown
- Just two of Victoria's 324 new COVID cases in regions
The story Victorians bubble resident can still only cross into NSW for five reasons first appeared on The Border Mail.