Australia’s top companies and individuals in the agriculture, food, fibre and beverage sectors have been recognised, with the announcement overnight of winners in the 2009 NAB Agribusiness Awards for Excellence.
The diversity of the industry has been represented, with mainstream grains and livestock, boutique aquaculture and horticulture enterprises among those honoured.
Now in its 14th year, the Agribusiness Awards for Excellence is run by Monash University and National Australia Bank (NAB) Agribusiness.
• Barry Irvin of Bega Cheese - Leader of the Year Award (sponsor NAB Agribusiness)
• Tripod Farmers - Primary Producer of the Year Award (NAB Agribusiness)
• Stanbroke - Export Award (Monash University)
• Boundary Bend Limited - Innovation in New and Emerging Industries Award (Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation)
• Marinova Pty Ltd - Technology & Innovation Award (The Australian Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology)
• Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses - Environment & Energy Management Award (Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry)
• P Costi & Sons Pty Ltd - Rural Enterprise Award (Australian Farm Journal)
• Manildra Group of Companies - Employer of Choice Award (Rimfire Resources)
• Grains Research & Development Corporation - Risk Management Award (Grant Thornton)
• CBH Group - Governance Award (Oppeus International)
NAB’s Executive General Manager, Corporate Banking & Specialised Businesses, David Hornery, said that once again the Awards have highlighted some amazing technology and techniques.
“Agribusiness is proving one of the more resilient sectors in the Australian economy and our winners exemplify why this is the case,” Mr Hornery said.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.