- Yarded 1189 Hereford steers, 350kg
- Steers: 360-450kg, $1306-$1575, av 370c
- Steers: 280-360kg $1132-$1356, av 389c
- Inverral 17 EU-Hereford 429kg; 367c $1574
- Glenerin 17 Hereford 421kg, 348c; $1465
- Lochredal 18 EU-Hereford 417kg, 361c; $1505
- Sandy Camp 16 Hereford 415kg, 350c; $1452
- Dallas 17 Charolais 415kg, 363kg; $1506
- Mt Widderin 30 EU-Hereford 413kg, 355c; $1466
- Leawarra 21 Simmental 405kg, 367c; $1486
- Nevflo 18 Hereford 395kg, 352c; $1390
- Willima 16 EU-Hereford 393kg, 350c; $1375
- Bells Hill 22 Shorthorn 389kg, 358c; $1392
Selected lines of EU-accredited Hereford cattle again drew special attention as steers selling continued at the Hamilton saleyards on Thursday.
Competing for a 1160-head penning buyers seeking the EU-lines bid prices to a sale high of 412c/kg at fully firm rates while values for most others eased by 5-10c/kg.
A market top of $1574 a head was secured by John and Liz Craig for a yard of their Inverrall Hereford steers, Yarram Park blood.
The pen of 17 weighed 367kg while their second draft of 68, 386kg made 370c/kg.
Buying interest was again widespread, with processors, feeders and northern interstate orders all active while southern interest was shared between South Gippsland, Southeast SA and local district orders.